Monday, March 22, 2010

Blog Post 11

My current case is writing about Greek Fraternities in a positive light. I plan on placing emphasis on the character development one experiences throughout the whole pledging process, and how it will greatly benefit their future. In addition, I will write about the resources that Fraternities can offer individuals in succeeding in life. For example, the networking available through well established alumni, and the increased ease of landing a job due to the shared solidarity amongst members. Also, the fact that current members within the fraternity can serve as role models for the younger generation.

I plan on further supporting this viewpoint by researching various powerful individuals within history, and how the fraternity has contributed to their success. Some examples would include George Bush, John Kerry, and many Fortune 500 CEOs. However, I need to do further research in this area.

Also, There is much negative controversy regarding fraternities when it comes to hazing, and excessive drinking. I plan on using one of my articles I found on Academic Search Premier as a counterpoint to the drinking argument. One defense would be that college drinking is a ritual that must be experienced, or it will be lost forever. Basically, it is a social act with many underlying implications, which i will go further into detail later. I still need to find a trong defense for the hazing implications, however my emerging defense has to do with humility and building a strong character.

No comments:

Post a Comment