Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blog Post 14

My project has evolved immensely over this semester. I started with a vague idea barely knowing what direction I wanted to go in. I knew i wanted to write something on Greek Culture and Fraternities, mainly because I was pledging during this time as well. I figured the research and first hand experience would give me a deeper insight into the overall process. What influenced me the most was actually experiencing everything first hand. It was as if i was living the articles I was reading. That in itself was very motivating. I wanted to push further and become as knowledgeable as I could about my topic, mainly because the experience itself meant a lot to me personally.

I learned that the research process is a very empirical one. Initially, I was intimidated by such large assignments, thinking that I would never be able to come up with 10 pages of legitimate information. However, after taking this course, I realized that if you put the time and effort into properly understanding the material, then the ideas and direction of the paper will flow so much easily.

I had never thought of myself as a good writer. I always had thought writing was one of my weaker areas. however, after doing this paper, and putting proper dedication and effort into everything, i realize that writing is something I can definitely improve on with practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment